by Heather Caudle
As many students finalize which college they will attend in the fall, financial offerings remain an important factor in college choice. Fortunately, Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) offer financial aid packages that include scholarships, grants, work study programs, and other forms of aid that do not need to repaid. In an effort to make higher education accessible to our students, this week’s Monday Morning MSI Line Up features the top-ranking MSIs that made Best College’s “Best Financial Aid Programs” list last year.
Note: To formulate their original list, Best Colleges selected four-year public universities with enrollments that exceed 10,000 students. Additionally, each school participates in the federal financial aid program known as Title IV. These federal aid options will be available at every school on our list for students who have a family income under $48,000 and submitted a Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
1) The University of Texas- Pan American (HSI)—Edinburg, TX
2) California State University- Dominguez Hills (AANAPISI/HSI)—Carson, CA
3) CUNY Lehman College (HSI)—Bronx, NY
4) CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice (HSI)— Manhattan, NY
5) CUNY Queens College (AANAPISI)—Flushing, NY
6) CUNY Brooklyn College (AANAPISI)—Brooklyn, NY
7) California State University- Fresno (AANAPISI/HSI)—Fresno, CA
8) The University of Texas at El Paso (HSI)—El Paso, TX
9) CUNY Bernard M. Baruch College (AANAPISI)—Manhattan, NY
10) CUNY City College (AANAPISI/HSI)—New York, NY
To view full list, click here.
Do you know of any other Best MSIs Financial Aid Programs? Share in the comments below!